On nights like this, I love listening to this particular performance by Ryuichi Sakamoto.
My guess is that 2013 will be a year full of prayer and counting my blessings. These past couple of weeks I’ve been praying almost ferociously, and I would say that I’ve realized little miracles here and there. Well, just being alive is a miracle in itself because tomorrow is promised to no one. The goal this year is to change my mindset in ways that would affect my life positively, which sounds vague but part of the journey is finding the path.
I know not everyone is a believer (not saying everyone has to be), but things of beauty like the performance above make me think about the work of God. I was walking along the beach one afternoon with my best friend, barefoot in the sand near the water, when all of a sudden she remarked, “How can anyone doubt that God exists? Look at how big the ocean is.” Truly one of the most beautiful things I’ve heard.
about a text message conversation between eric and my mother:
me: what’d she say??
eric: that’s between your mother and me
eric: it’s an a and b conversation, so c your way out
Engelbert Humperdinck - The Last Waltz
Destiny’s Child - Cater 2 U (Acoustic)
Let me cater to you, ‘cause baby this is your day
— Caring for Your Introvert, Atlantic
you can’t tell, but that’s mark doing a google hangout with me! :) my drawing on the left (ok i was looking at a pic), his on the right … hehe. he asked me to hangout again tomorrow but i’m not sure how often i can do it when i should be studying as well :\
- living 5 mins away (walking) from sprouts. if i ever need an ingredient for dinner, i could always swing by after work to pick it up.
- living 13 minutes away (walking) from BART. and that is literally from the front of my door to the platform.
- videochats with my little bro, who says he misses me ^,^
- a boyfriend who ran over to cafe de la presse to get me macarons because he knows i like theirs! (even if he couldn’t find it b/c they’re in the back of the restaurant. it’s not exactly known for macarons)
- my closet space. biggest closet i’ve ever had.
- my parents for helping me move up to norcal.
Guilty pleasure. Because my 11-year old bro Mark and I have grown to become such good homies this summer — I lived at home for 4 months before I left for work — I ended up watching a lot of Pokemon and Adventure Time. Mark has effectively gotten me to love this tiny fire pig Pokemon named Tepig. I bought a Tepig plush for him a year ago, per his request when I went to Disneyworld (from the “Japan” section of Epcot)… and now I have my own! When I played Pokemon Black on my Macbook Air (before desmume stopped working for me), I chose Tepig as my starter Pokemon and refused to evolve him. Too cute!
So here I am, sans-eyeliner with my Tepig in my brand spankin’ new room! This doll reminds me of Mark. May I never forget Summer 2012 and the time I spent with my baby bro.